Tuesday, December 3, 2013

St. Nicholas Wall Hanging


Hello,
I hope your week is going well.

Today I have a wall hanging I made to share with you.  I'll share the pic and then give the details.





I spread Mod Podge all over a 8x10 Canvas, then I layered some red tissue paper over it to get the crinkle effect I was looking for.  Then I layered a piece of DP from Recollections called Botanical.  I added strips of dimensional trim to the top and bottom.  Added a couple gold flowers, a red felt flower, a rose bud, some white poinsettias, a red poinsettia, and little pinecone and a star pin.  I wanted to create a little woodland scene to go with the rustic pic of St. Nicholas.  The St. Nicholas picture was printed off the interned and layered onto a piece of brown paper.  






I am so glad you stopped by, and hope your week is great.


Don't forget about my Christmas Candy.   Have you checked it out?  HERE is the link.


Challenges:
Crafting With Dragonflies - Christmas Ornament for the tree or wall, I made a wall ornament (hanging).
Anything But A Card - Create Anything You Dream Up
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes


10 comments:

  1. Love the tissue paper and mod podge effe t. Great hanging for Christmas. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning, Rea. You amaze me time and time again, and I'm always SO very grateful to have you share your time and talents with us. Thanks for stopping by and for being a blessing and encouragement. Please pray for WAW - there are those who are attacking us for standing firm on God's Word and having to make decisions about deleting entries contrary to His precious Word. As for me and my house, we WILL serve the Lord....and I am blessed to have women of God like you who I know feel the same way. Thanks for your support.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. great project. thanks for playing in ABAC challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely idea, great project, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderfully nostalgic.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fab wall hanging ,love the vintage santa and pretty flowers
    Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great project. It caught my eye on MIM. Thanks, for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful wall hanging, Thank you so much for joining us at Crafting with dragonflies on our bauble & wall hanging challenge hugs Tania (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete