Thursday, January 23, 2014

Romance

Hello,
I hope your having a great Wednesday.  It is very very cold here.  I can't wait for winter to be over.  But in the mean time I have been have alot of crafty fun making Valentine Cards.  This was a day I always looked forward to in elementary school and still do to this day.

The card I have to share with you is so fun, it used some of my Hypnotic (red) Black Magic paper from Core'dinations.  Here is a pic.




I used the Red, Black Magic paper and using my Cuttlebug machine I debossed the hearts onto the card using the black side up so I could distress it for the red to show through.  I then used the red side of the Black Magic and also with my Cuttlebug machine I debossed the black middle strip using a portion of another embossing folder just to get the word "Romance". I then distressed this too.  Added some red glittered ribbon, and some red rhinestone hearts.  Here is a close up.



I am so glad you stopped by and hope you stay warm if you are where it is so cold.


Challenges:

Core'dinations - While the cats away the mice will play/ follow sketch
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Crafting with Dragonflies - Anything Goes
Cuttlebug Mania - All You Need Is Love/ I used my Cuttlebug machine and embossing folders.
Creative Creations - Less Is More
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Sister Act - Anything Goes
Really Reasonable Ribbon - Valentines Day/ Love and Ribbon


10 comments:

  1. It is quite warm here although it has rained a little this afternoon - plants need it for the garden to grow. Your black and red card is super - love all the embossed work.Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies for our first challenge for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun valentine's card! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rea this is one gorgeous card
    full of love
    love the colours, letters-embossing
    fab card
    hugs across the ocean
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the paper,love the embossed look! I loved making my own Valentines too in elementary, my mom could not afford the fancy boxed ones, and when I got mines from the other kids I treasured them, and saw them all day long lol!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card...looks like chocolate! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Certainly a magical card. The distressed embossing is wonderful. Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card.

    Thanks for joining us at RRR. Hope to see you again.

    Jenn
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely, fun card! Perfect for a masculine Valentine. Thanks for joining us for our Valentine's Day/Love + Ribbon challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon this week. Hope to see you for our next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Card

    Thanks for playing at Creative Creations Challenges this month.

    Happy Crafting
    Sam

    ReplyDelete