Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Butterfly Canvas

Hello,
I hope your having a lovely spring day.  It is so beautiful here today.  The sun is shining and the sky is blue.  The grass is in it's full shade of green and lots of dandelions.  Which I know are a weed, but I just love them.  Their beautiful yellow/orange color always look so happy to me.

Today, I will be taking part in the following challenges, and their links are provided below as well.  City Crafter, Anything But A Card, Through The Craft Room Door, and Artistic Inspirations.  I have a painted canvas to share with you.  One of the things I just love about being a Designer is using all sorts of mediums.  For this canvas, I used some acrylic paints along with some other items.  I will share all the details below the pic.


I layered a piece of Design Paper that had come in one of my Stampington Magazines onto a canvas. Then I used some white acrylic paint around the edges of the canvas and Design Paper.   I added some metalic blue and bronze acrylic paint to the canvas.  To create more of a white space in the middle, I then painted some more white paint across the middle portion of the canvas.  I then stamped a butterfly stamp in brown ink and stamped the butterflies across the canvas at a diagonal angle.  The last steps included adding the gold filigree heart charm in the middle of the canvas which I had used some distress paint on the edges.  And then trimmed the canvas in some white pearls.  Here are some more photos.

Right corner:


Middle view:


Left corner:



I am so glad you stopped by and hope you have a blessed day.

Challenges:
City Crafter - Paint It
Anything But A Card - Butterflies A Flutter / Spring Forward
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful art! Love the butterflies flying to the heart. Nice colors!
    Have a blessed day to,
    Adriana

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thing of beauty Ann. Love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely effect! So clever ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my dear
    this is amazing
    love butterflies
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. like the butterflies. thanks for playing in ABAC challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous canvas. I love all your butterfly stamps and the pearl border is so pretty. Thanks for joining in at Anything But A Card this time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. loving the creations and finished touches too, thanks for sharing over on artistic inspirations x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very beautiful card!Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your butterflies do a magnificent job of moving the eye across your beautiful canvas! Thanks so much for joining us again at Anything But a Card!

    ReplyDelete