Saturday, November 12, 2016

Pink Christmas

Hello,
Yes, I know a while since a post, like most of you life seems to dictate alot of my blogging anymore.  But for those of you who stop by,  I hope your doing well.

I am a big fan of Power Poppy stamps (I think I have said that before, ha, ha!)  When I saw the Power and Spark inspiration picture for the month of November, I LOVED it.   Pink is my favorite color and I believe in the world of pink anything goes, as you will see below.   And for a vintage, shabby loving gal like me, it is right up my alley and makes you squeak some time out of your day to create a lovely card.  Although I have shared before, I am always creating and working on something crafty.  Anyhoo, here is the inspiration picture.  


My card:



A close up:


I started out with some watercolor paper, and white heat embossed one of the spiced orange images from the Spice It Up stamp set.   Then I watercolored the image and surrounding area with a light pink wash, then added a little bit of a darker pink watercolor over just the embossed image.   I stamped the sentiment which is from the same stamp set in a pink ink.  My DP is from Magda Tomaszewska and is called "Rosalie in the garden"  it is so pretty, (I have been hoarding it.).   This paper is double sided and the music note strip at the top is the pack side of the DP.  I then added a strip of ivory lace to the top.  Some silver lace, and a strip of ivory organza, and a pink bow was added to the bottom.  A few silver sequins were added for a finishing touch.

I will be linking up below and thank you so much for stopping by.


Links:
Power Poppy: Dreaming of a Pink Christmas