Monday, February 13, 2017

Hugs and Smiles Valentine

Hello,
I hope your doing well.
Joy Clair has a fabulous challenge for the month of February and it involves a color palette.  The link is below and here is a pic.


Don't those raspberries look delicious.  I just love them.  And here is a pic of my card.


Here is a close up of the sentiment.


I heat embossed the sketchy florals from the Hugs and Smiles stamp set on to a piece of white cardstock, then I used Fired Brick and Bard Door Distress Inks and sponged the colors onto the cardstock.  I then stamped the sentiment onto some gray cardstock and added that.  Then the whole panel was layered onto some gray and red cardstock.    I was so happy with how this turned out.   The image really shines through those beautiful reds.

This is going to be my husband's Valentine Card.  I think he will love it.  We like to watch funny movies together and his laughter is so loud and funny.  Always cracks me up.

I am so glad you stopped by and hope you have a lovely week.

Link:
Joy Clair February Shades of Red Challenge


5 comments:

  1. Ann your card is stunning! I love the flowers from that stamp set and they are gorgeous in white embossing and then the red inks added! Love the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at Joy Clair Challenges! Lori~ JCDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! You used one of my most favorite stamps! Love it! :) Thanks for playing along in the RED challenge with Joy Clair Stamps. JCDT Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful design! Love the blended colors over your white embossed images!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your valentines card is abolutly gorgeous dear Ann. I love the embossed parts and i'm sure your hubby loved this card, doesn't he? :) The raspberries look is brilliant.
    Hope you are doing well dear?

    Lots of Hugs from Germany
    Dunja xxxxx

    ReplyDelete